Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Twas Luck!

Do you know that feeling you get when you see that thing you've been looking for?  The one you've been checking every place you could think of for the last however long hoping you could find it (and at a reasonable price).  Well I got that amazing, gleeful, adrenaline filled feeling over a Westinghouse Portable Mixer.  And yes, I recognize this is slightly sad.  But just look at it!  It's in impeccable condition, has the original directions and purrs like a kitten!  As an added bonus, it's quite heavy since it was made in the 50's, so I can get some strength training in while I cook.  Two birds with one stone. 




I also got some awesome other goodies too.  First up on top is a Pyrex Black Tulip casserole with cradle from my favorite vendor at my local flea market.  The Pyrex Heinz promotional also came from the flea market and is in near mint condition.  The small Pyrex Amish Blue Butterprint Cinderella mixing bowl came from an antique mall which fully completes the set my dad had picked up last week (and that I gushed about in my last post).  Also pictured is the strawberry metal tray I found at Goodwill and the mail/sorting/organization thing-a-ma-bob I got the same time as the Butterprint bowl.  



Next is some Pyrex fate!  Over a year ago I had purchased this red Pyrex holiday promotional mixing bowl at an antique store.  Although it didn't have the cradle or lid that it originally came with, I was in love with it.  Now as you can see, it is sitting in a cradle which doesn't fit with my story.  I found this cradle, the exact one that is was supposed to come with at Goodwill for less than a dollar.  It's a match made in Pyrex heaven. 

Also pictured is a red primary fridgie I found at the flea market for only $4, woohooo!  Only one more to find in order to complete the primary set.  Finally, I got the Friendship casserole up at the antique mall, although I paid slightly more than usual for this piece (I like under $10 and it was $12), it was in amazing condition with no dishwasher damage.  And for some reason this pattern is uncommon in this area, this was only the second piece I've found in good condition and at a slightly reasonable price.  






Well that's all for now folks!  Hopefully more coming soon.  I should also have some updates on my apron and Hoosier cabinets soon!

2 comments:

  1. So jealous of all your great finds! Especially the friendship! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've sure been lucky on the Pyrex!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for any comments or feedback! I adore hearing from the people who take the time to read my overly excited - sometimes scatter brained - posts.

- Cal :)