Saturday, May 12, 2012

The Day

Today was a chair day.  And a Pyrex day.  And a vintage linen day.  And a vintage utensil day.  Okay, so I may have gotten carried away. I'll be working a great majority of the next two weekends though, so I had to have enough fun today to carry me through the next two weeks. 

Somehow, working backwards through this explanation seems the most logical.  Therefore, my day ended with these two chairs. 



I particularly like the one on the left (this will become evident when you notice it as a prop in the following photos).  The one on the right needs a little assistance with securing the back properly, but the seat itself is solid as could be.  This is what happens when I go on adventures in the truck...suddenly I can get ANYTHING home hehe

I was rather excited to find the shiny thing-a-ma-bob in this photo.  It is a metal dispenser with three separate compartments for paper towels, wax paper, and aluminum foil.  Thank you yard sale having neighbor!  Also, I was able to find these two linen towels earlier in the day; one has various fruit and the other a 1987 calendar with covered bridge.  



And, we have more Pyrex flameware!  All four of these discluding the handle were included in the miscellaneous box I bought which I will discuss further in a moment.  There is a 7" skillet, 1 qt saucepan, 1 1/2 qt saucepan, and the elusive 2 qt saucepan.  The handle I picked up for a dollar.  I also found another snowflake casserole dish, exactly like the one I had found last weekend.  Now they are like a matching set.  In the back is a Pyrex bundt cake mold that was made in France.  I was a little surprised to find it around here.  





On to the mixing bowls!  The 4 quart snowflake blue mixing bowl is the last bowl I needed to complete my set.  Although I paid a little more for it than I would normally have, I had gotten such a good deal on the other three, it felt slightly justified.  The cinderella Amish Blue Butterprint was also a rather good deal at $4.  All three of the custard cups are the older style with the dollar mark on the bottom and were together one dollar.  




My dad actually bought the next two Pyrex items.  He really liked the size of square flowers casserole.  He also recognized the old style dollar sign mark on the bottom of the small clear casserole.  I was so proud of him!  He's really gotten good with spotting Pyrex.  In fact, he was also the one that found the four blue flameware items in the miscellaneous box. Also pictured are the spatula and slotted spoon that I found for fifty cents each and the 1/4 and 1/3 measuring cups for twenty-five cents each.   



Remember my miscellaneous box?  Well in addition to the four flameware items, all this stuff was in it, a Fire King casserole, Fire King pie plate, Grab-its lid, and the newer (although gorgeous) purple Pyrex casserole.  How much did the box cost?  Only three dollars :)  



Last (although not least) are my finds from Goodwill.  The two platters have a blueish tint with slightly decorative handles and are made by Pyrex.  I know that was probably expected.  I also found the cute potato masher and a knit pot holder for 35 cents.  





Looking at the length of this post, I am certain that I got a little carried away today.  My only comfort: most of it cost a dollar or less. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for any comments or feedback! I adore hearing from the people who take the time to read my overly excited - sometimes scatter brained - posts.

- Cal :)