Sunday, April 22, 2012

Hello Cupcake!

Yesterday I got on one of my experimental baking kicks.  I had eyed up the recipe for Root Beer Float Cupcakes for some time so I finally tried it out.  Meet Mr. RBF...

 


They have root beer and root beer concentrate in the cupcake themselves and the icing has a ice cream base. They taste absolutely amazing...to give you an idea, in a house of 4, 8 are already gone since last night.  I deviated from the recipe slightly and added some extra root beer concentrate based on user reviews.   The only issue I had with them was that because of the ice cream, the icing changed consistancy as time went on.  



Of course they were made in pyrex with love (this time my mom's).  Also pictured is my aqua and cream polka dot Jessie Steele apron.  Why?  Well...just because I have a bizarre apron obsession. 


Want to give the root beer float cupcakes a whirl?  Here's the recipe: http://www.bhg.com/recipe/layer-cakes/root-beer-float-cupcakes/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for any comments or feedback! I adore hearing from the people who take the time to read my overly excited - sometimes scatter brained - posts.

- Cal :)